The life and ministry of First Indonesian Baptist Church is based upon these beliefs:
- The Bible, Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God through the Holy Spirit; inerrant and infallible; and provides the foundation and final authority for our faith and daily practices. The canon of the Bible is complete and closed.
- The Lord is One and eternally exists in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ is the perfect God and man, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, crucified and died on the cross as the substitution for sinners; raised on the third day, ascended to heaven, and sit on the right hand of God, and He will physically return for the second time to judge the dead and the living.
- The Holy Spirit equips believers for ministry by giving out various spiritual gifts. The Holy Spirit works to convince man concerning sin, to regenerate those who believe in Jesus Christ, and to guide believers to live spiritually according to the teaching of the Scripture.
- Man is created according to the image and likeness of God, and has fallen in sin and in need of redemption and regeneration.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ who has died to redeem sinners. Through the death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, man is reconciled to God and adopted to become God’s children.
- The Church is the gathering of believers and is the Body of Christ in this world where Christ is the Head. As the Body of Christ, the Church is called to minister to the Lord and to live in holiness.
- The Lord has created man and woman, and to unite them in a marriage as a symbol of God’s relationship with His people. Marriage is between man and woman who vow before the Lord to love and to support one another till death do them part. Same sex relationship is a clear violation of Biblical teaching and is a sin.